Friday, July 25, 2008

Mc Donald's - a little trivia


I have been doing logo designs for quite some time now.

I feel the merit each time I see them wall mounted at the shops for identity - the feeling of being involved in the company's growth is something that I can't express in words. I've seen great logos around every street - those of renowned worldwide - McDonalds, Starbucks, Pizza Hut and many others.

I am keen on observing these and a little of their history.

Mc Donald’s logo – being the world’s most popular was conceived by Jim Schindler in 1962 – about 10 years after they constantly use the original speedy chef logo design.

What’s interesting about this new logo is that it was born from the architecture. The Golden Arches were actually part of the design in the structure of the building when they found out it’s good enough for the logo.

The McDonald’s name was integrated to the logo in 1968.

2 comments:

Avat@r said...

oi bai, nice to know you're back to blogging :)

Unknown said...

Nice trivia about the McDonald's logo Who would know that their logo was inpspired from an architectural design. From the old fashion I'm Mr. speedie to the Golden Arches.

http;//www.corel-lifestyle.blogspot.com